EXPLORE: LIFE | FAITH | MEANING
The Alpha Getaway June 15-16
What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith.
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha really is for anyone who's curious. The talks are designed to encourage debate and explore the basics of the Christian faith in a friendly, honest and informal environment. You are free to discuss as much or as little as you want.
How does it work?
Alpha usually lasts for 10 weeks with a day or weekend away in the middle. Each session usually includes:
Alpha is a tool used by the local church to reach people with the unchanging message of Jesus Christ. As lives are changed, we see God at work right now, calling us to share the Good News with others
What the talks on the Alpha course cover?
Alpha guests explore Christianity in a relaxed, welcoming and engaging atmosphere. Each session explores a particular question:
Kickoff Dinner: At Evergreen Church Tuesday's, Beginning May 1st @ 6:30pm.
- Week 1: Is There More to Life Than This?
- Week 2: Who is Jesus?
- Week 3: Why Did Jesus Die?
- Week 4: How Can We Have Faith?
- Week 5: Why and How Do I Pray?
- Week 6: Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Week 7: How Does God Guide Us?
- Getaway: Who is the Holy Spirit? What does the Holy Spirit do? How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit? How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Week 8: Does God Heal Today?
- Week 9: What about the Church?
If you have participated in a previous Alpha and would like to learn more about how you can be a part of running Alpha please click on the link below for more information.