ALPHA YOUTH FILM SERIES TRAILER
What is the Alpha Youth Series?
The Alpha Youth Series is a brand new interactive series of thirteen short episodes designed to help engage young people in conversations about faith, life and God. The series features stories from all around the globe, from a wide variety of different contexts and cultures. Each episode is interactive—with short breaks that make space for discussion in small groups.
Who is it for?
It is primarily intended for young people between the ages of 13 and 18 who don’t attend church and don’t have a personal relationship with God, but also appeals to those who are younger or older.
How does it work?
Alpha Youth is designed to be run for anyone between the ages of 13–18 and can be run anywhere. Whether it’s in a church youth group or in a school classroom, Alpha generally has three key things in common:
Food has a way of bringing people together and building community. So even if it’s a light snack, sweets or a full meal, Alpha starts with food.
Between 20–25 minutes long, each Alpha Youth Series episode unpacks the basics of the Christian faith, addressing questions such as, ‘Who is Jesus?’, ‘How can we have faith?’ and ‘Why and how should I pray?’
Throughout each episode, there are three discussion breaks. These breaks give a chance to share thoughts and ideas on the topic and discuss them in small groups.
What are the episodes about?
Each episode features a different question about life and faith. Here’s the run-down:
- Episode 1 – Life: is this it?
- Episode 2 – Jesus: who is he?
- Episode 3 – Cross: why did Jesus die?
- Episode 4 – Faith: how can I have faith?
- Episode 5 – Prayer: why and how do I pray?
- Episode 6 – Bible: why and how do I read the bible?
- Episode 7 – Spirit: who is the Holy Spirit and what does he do?
- Episode 8 – Fill: how can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- Episode 9 - New Life: how do I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Episode 10 – Evil: how can I resist evil?
- Episode 11 – Telling Others: why and how should I tell others?
- Episode 12 – Healing: does God heal today?
- Episode 13 – Church: what about the church?